Saturday, March 26, 2011

NaNoEdMo 2011: My Progress So Far

It seems I've been so caught up in either editing Spanner or procrastinating editing this NaNoEdMo that I haven't given myself any time to blog about it. Well, here's my progress report for EdMo 2011 so far.

As I write this, right before I start my final Panic Time weekend session, I've been editing Spanner for 33 hours. There were some days in which I did only one hour, or didn't edit at all. Now I'm editing three hours and more.

The Intro and Chapters 1 through 5 are now complete. My task for tonight: edit Chapters 6 through 10. I've already done some editing on most of those chapters already, so it shouldn't be all that hard to finish them. I'll start editing (and in some cases actually start writing) some of the Interludes (mainly 3 through 7) if I have time.

I'm hoping to finish the entire second draft by the time Script Frenzy begins on April 1. I'm seriously considering adapting the Intro, Chapters 1 and 2, and their corresponding Interludes (1 and 2, but not in that order because Interlude 1 is an "end-of-episode omake") into a TV pilot -- for a series that may be all but unfilmable because of extremely controversial material and all those satires of real-life corporations, politicians, and celebrities.

Once I'm done with the second draft, I'll repost each revised chapter daily starting with the Intro on April 1, including all the new Interludes and, at long last, the final two chapters, which are currently still incomplete. If the revised chapter has the same name in the second draft (I've been changing a few), I'll post a short entry pointing to the revised original post; if it doesn't, I'll post the chapter anew. But I'm making sure you can read the complete second draft. The final draft will be the ebook.

Anyway, back to editing, hopefully five hours...

2 comments:

  1. well done with your EdMo effort! I've been sort of stopping & starting with mine. I'm hoping to knock off the last few hours today. :P I've certainly had a saga with my editing lately!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I hear you. Let's not stop till we win this thing! :D (And then, I *still* won't stop, not till the second draft's finished. Of course, that means my Script Frenzy will be delayed a little...)

    ReplyDelete