- Finish Part 1 of Bad Company.
- Replot Spanner and write the second draft of the script.
- Finish my self-instruction in how to draw the head. I'm currently
procrastinatingworking on the most difficult perspectives: the extreme angles and tilted profiles.
- Start creating character designs again. Since the Spanner and BadCo casts overlap, some designs will do double duty.
- Learn how to write song lyrics (surprisingly tough!) so I can start writing my 50 songs.
About Spanner: I've been
Since Spanner is supposed to be a manga, and since I plan to adapt Bad Company into comics form (I'm billing the original novel as "A Novelization"), I need to draw my characters. And that means not just doing the designs, but putting the characters into action and designing their clothes and such. Since I'm discarding reams of old printed webpages for the "30-Day Declutter Challenge" I'm taking part in, I'm going to use a lot of that for drawing practice. And I know just how much practice I need — which is a whole hell of a lot, since I've been, well, procrastinating it for months.
Last but not least, I need to figure out exactly how to write song lyrics. I haven't written any songs yet because the words staunchly refuse to materialize. The rhymes I've come up with so far are inane, so I rip up the paper I've been writing on or simply don't write at all. Once I learn how to write song lyrics — and this may require me to take a little self-instruction course in writing poetry as well — writing the actual songs will be a snap (even if I have to consult chord charts and plink on my mother's piano).
So these are my major goals for August. I have some personal goals as well (such as cleaning up my apartment), but I won't bother to get into them.
Back to Spanner’s World...