Tuesday, November 30, 2010

NaNoWriMo Fivepeat: or, After the Happy Dance

For the fifth consecutive time, I've won NaNoWriMo; for the second time in a row, I've won it early. I'm not about to reach last year's 85,000-word record, but then now that I've won I no longer feel the urgency that drives me during Panic Time. After all, I'm actually posting my novel right here, and I've set semiweekly deadlines for myself.

Still, when the NaNo validator bot turned my green word count bar purple, I whooped and hollered loud enough to disturb the neighbors and did my happy dance; and I still intend to celebrate my victory with champagne and pizza. I now have enough NaNo victories to put rings on all the fingers of one hand, like the Steelers and 49ers.

But what comes next? Since both volumes of Spanner are far from being even half done, there's NaNoFiMo, and then JanNoWriMo after that. I'll use those WriMos to whip up enough chapters to post so Spanner won't interfere with my fourth and last go-round with Bad Company during NaNoEdMo, nor with my next 50-song FAWM. Also, I can get back to drawing, too, now that I have enough time again.

One thing won't change. I'm going to continue posting Spanner, chapter by chapter, all the way to the Outro. It ain't over, as the saying goes, till it's over.

No comments:

Post a Comment