Today Script Frenzy activated the page-counting validation bot. I took the four episode scripts out of my planned five that have actual script in it, copied them from Celtx into Libre Office, and saved the combined file in PDF format. Then I fed it to the validation bot, and the bot made my third Script Frenzy victory official.
I have officially won my third Script Frenzy!
Problem is, my Screnzy record is now only .500. In 2007, I still didn’t know my way around a plot despite all the many years of learning and training. In 2009, I moved across town. I forget what — oh yeah, Bad Company defeated me twice more in 2009 and 2010. Strangely enough, so far I’ve only been able to win with Spanner: with the original comics script in 2008 that was the rough basis for the novelization’s first draft; last year with “Spanner The TV” episodes 1-3; and now this year with episodes 4-8 of the TV series. Maybe next year I really should attampt that visual novel?
I didn’t really start getting going until after the middle of the month, when I started writing the new planned scenes for the Final Revision novelization in the script rather than the actual novel file. My guideline: make each episode script 55-65 pages (representing about one hour of running time), or easy to edit down into that range. The equivalent chapter in the novelization has slightly over 15,000 words.
I managed to finish one episode: Episode 4. Finishing it turned out to be surprisingly difficult, enough that I gave up on editing the new revisions and scenes into the novelization until Script Frenzy is over. That’s how I’m going to write the new scenes in the remaining episodes up to 8. Then on May 1, I will let out a sigh of relief and adapt the new and revised scenes back into the novel.
Of course, I’m not done yet. Now that I’ve got Script Frenzy victory out of the way, my next target is my 2008 record that still stands: 172 pages. So, it’s back to the action…