Tuesday, November 1, 2011

NaNoWriMo 2011: The First Two Hours

I started my NaNoWriMo 2011 at midnight. I promised myself that once I wrote 2,000 words, I would reward myself with a good night's sleep. I wrote those 2,000 words in well under 2 hours. I earned my reward.

Normally I skip the first day, and usually the first few days, of any WriMo. After NaNo, it's usually to recover from the previous WriMo. During NaNo it's usually to figure out just what the heck I'm doing. Not so this year. I sprinted out of the starting gate.

Can I finish a complete first draft of Spanner Book 3 this month? Only if I can write 250,000 words. Book 1 took me four entire WriMos to complete (JulNo, AugNo, and FiMo 2010 plus JanNo 2011), and even then the first draft wasn't as complete as I thought; and even in the second draft the plot still isn't complete. So I'm shooting for 100,000 words and then setting it aside, as I'm reserving FiMo '11 and JanNo '12 for Book 2.

The important thing, though, is that I've made a quick start. I know I'll win my sixth consecutive NaNo. And right now that's all that counts.

My goal for the entire day: 5,000 words. Stay tuned...

No comments:

Post a Comment