Sunday, November 27, 2011

NaNoWriMo 2011: Panic Time Part 2: Don’t Bother Me, I’m Panicking

One thing I just noticed about Panic Time, that final week of NaNoWriMo during which I panic and then write way too much, is that on the second day of my shift into Panic Mode, I tend to stop and get distracted. My muse must be more scared than I am. Yesterday, I got distracted by PlayStation games. I’ve got well over 100 of ‘em, you see.

Naturally, this kind of distraction leads me to panic even more, because I write nothing and thereby fall even further behind.

So, I’m going to complete my shift into Panic Mode by attempting to write 10,000 words tonight. It’ll make my hands ache. It may even make my writing completely incoherent. But if I really do want to win my sixth consecutive NaNoWriMo and get another volume of Spanner closer to completion, I must do it. There’s only a few days left, and the weekend’s almost over.

Here goes…

No comments:

Post a Comment