Wednesday, November 30, 2011

NaNoWriMo 2011: Panic Time Part 5: The Spectacular Come-From-Behind

Winner_180_180_white

After a gruelling four days of writing writing writing, following a day of distraction and block following in turn another day of desperate writing, my shift into Panic Mode finally paid off. I won! I have succeeded in claiming my sixth consecutive NaNoWriMo victory!

I knew what I had to do. To get the 50,000 words I needed to win writing Spanner Book 3, I had to set Book 2 aside. That’s why I delayed the end of Chapter 24 until the end of November. Since my muse can’t multitask, I had to choose one or the other, either victory number 6 or nonparticipation as a “NaNo Rebel”. I chose to win.

Next comes NaNoFiMo. That’s when I’ll start writing and posting Book 2 again. Since Book 2 remains far from finished, I’m turning the serialization of Book 2 that resumes tomorrow into my FiMo project. Once again, I’ll set 50,000 words as my goal. I’m certain my first FiMo victory in four years of taking part won’t need to be so come-from-behind. I won’t need Panic Time.

My final word count for NaNoWriMo 2011: 50,256.

Now all that’s left to do is celebrate. I’m already pouring the bubbly stuff into the glass. Here’s to victory number 6! Then, I’ll take a rest. My first day of FiMo will not be this intense, or this hard on my shoulders and hands…

No comments:

Post a Comment