Tuesday, November 29, 2011

NaNoWriMo 2011: Panic Time Part 4: Fool! No TV Tropes For You

I managed to write nearly 10,000 words last night in my late-minute Panic Time attempt to win my sixth consecutive NaNoWriMo. Sure enough, I came upon one final obstacle to my mad yet certain to be achieved quest:

TV Tropes.

That’s right. Last night, TV Tropes made an attempt to derail me. It almost succeeded. After all, everybody knows that TV Tropes will ruin your life.

But I’m back, and determined to get those last 14,000 words separating me from NaNo victory in one session. I will not allow TV Tropes to distract me from that goal, useful though it may be. (I can no longer count the tropes I’ve borrowed into Spanner since I discovered the site.) I have no other goal but to get that win. So the only site I have my browser set to right now is NaNoWriMo.org.

I’m concentrating on pulling off one of the most spectacular come-from-behind victories in my entire WriMo’ing career. Nothing will distract me. Especially not TV Tropes.

Now to claim my victory, and the purple bar beneath my NaNo avatar…

No comments:

Post a Comment