Thursday, March 14, 2013

NaNoEdMo 2013: Here's the Mid-EdMo Progress Instead

While my muse has forced me to take a breather, I'll just take the opportunity to report my progress this close to the midpoint of NaNoEdMo.


So far this is my most furious EdMo ever. I'm on my way to 40 hours of editing by the 15th. And 50 hours is how much editing you need to do to win EdMo! But I knew winning EdMo would be the easy part.

Then what's the hard part? Basically, trying to order that chaotic mess of scenes in Spanner Chapters 18 and 19 while still putting in the new scenes I came up with for the final Fourth Revision continuity. Fortunately, soon I'll get past Chapter 19 to Interlude 12 and the three double-length sections of Chapter 20. After that it should be smoother going, especially since I'll then have to throw away all the scenes that didn't make it into the final continuity by Chapter 20.

I'm still keeping to my goal of finishing Chapter 23 this month. In the meantime, I'll savor my impending EdMo win and then get back to editing.

No comments:

Post a Comment