Sunday, September 30, 2012

Spanner R4 Update: The Break Is Over, The Editing Resumes, Chapter 11 Starts 10/1

I ended up taking a week off from editing Spanner. Now my muse is rested enough for me to resume editing. It helps that physical labor (in this case, helping my brother move furniture for our mother) idles the mind enough to let the imagination roam free.

So once I got home and turned on the computer, instead of reading online news and downloading programs, I decided to get back to editing. Actually, it was mostly writing new scenes, since Chapter 11 Revision 2 is less than half the Revision 4 chapter size that approximates the length of an hour-long TV episode script. And all the new scenes are in continuity — in some cases, all the way back to Chapter 1.

I decided I'd complete the first installment. I battled the temptation to give up and leave writing the new scenes till later, and I wrote all the new scenes so that 11.1 is now finished and ready to post. As I promised last post, I'm posting it tomorrow.

A word on the schedule: With NaNoWriMo coming up in just one month, I want to make October a "SpaNoEdMo" dedicated to nothing but editing Spanner all the way up to Chapter 16. Since I can't edit an old novel while I write a new NaNo one, I need to keep it going all the way through November. So I'll be posting new Revision 4 installments only on Monday, Wednesday, and Friday for the rest of the year. On January 1, I'll take it daily once again.

On a related note, for the first time since 2007, I won't be taking part in NaNoFiMo (National Novel Finishing Month, which doesn't seem to have a site this year now that spambots have completely taken over the old site's forums). December will be another "SpaNoEdMo" so I can finish Book 1 Revision 4 before JanNoWriMo, which I will be doing. The current release schedule will get me to Chapter 16 in early December, giving myself enough leeway to get through NaNoWriMo without falling behind on editing Spanner.

It begins again...

No comments:

Post a Comment